Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lots of Growing!

Another 2 weeks has passed and here we are, blogging on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Today, I am 18 months old! A whole year and a half...Can you believe it? I have changed so much over time, but most especially in just the past 6 months since my 1st birthday.
 
18 Months

 

  Here are a few of my current favorite likes, dislikes, words, etc...
Likes: sliding, swinging, splashing in my water table, bathtime, my daddy, my Auntie Lori, running, peek-a-boo, 'Ring Around the Rosie', being tickled, reading books, playing with friends, stacking blocks, sorting shapes, telling stories, jumping on the bed, anything that goes 'vroom, vroom' intrigues me! Favorite foods are still lots of fruit (mostly berries), anything with noodles, and sweet corn!
Dislikes: There aren't too many things I don't like, but I'm definitely at that age when I've got to do things my way! I don't like when people leave me alone in a room unless I initiate it, holding hands, getting my hands or feet dirty,  or being told 'no'.
Words I use often: Daddy, pup-pup or doggy, woof, up, eye, no, ow-side (outside), hi, see ya, bye-bye, eat, vroom, papa, yeah, cheese, uh-oh, mama, yum-yum, and I am beginning to mimic many words I hear, but these are the words I say over and over again!

Here's a look at what I've been up to the last few weeks...

Splish-Splash! 

I don't know about these fountains... 

Okay-deciced I TOTALLY love them! 

A summertime favorite at our house and a 1st for me, but definitely a favorite!
I LOVE sweet corn:) 

Yum-Yum! 

My Auntie Heidi's boys came for a visit... 

We made the trek to Iowa last weekend to visit my Percy cousins
We had lots of fun at a few different parks
Swinging with daddy and Connor... 

Beep-Beep! 

Connor, me, and Madeline going for an airplane ride! 



Yes, this blog is all about me:) BUT...since we're talking about things growing, it's only fair and time to share the spotlight from now on with something, or should I say someone, else that is growing....






did you guess yet?!?!







I'M GOING TO BE A BIG SISTER!!!!!!!!!!
There is a a baby in my mommy's belly. I don't really know what that means yet, but when mom or dad ask me where the baby is, I point to my own belly:)
(So, I've got 7 months to figure it out!)



Baby Dummer is in week 11 of growth and is about the size of a fig. He or she is also about an inch and a half long and by week's end will be almost fully formed already! Mom has been feeling exhausted! Probably because this time around she's not resting as much with a busy 18 month old like me to keep up with:) She's also been really nauseous, but thankfully, that is starting to subside a little bit. Mom and dad are SO excited about this next adventure in our lives and growing our family. My baby brother or sister will be here somewhere around March 14th,2012.... we will keep you updated along the way!

LOTS OF LOVE TO EVERYONE!
Love, Danika, Daren & Jamie ( and I guess baby #2 too!)


No comments:

Post a Comment