Sunday, December 4, 2011

Deck the Halls! (and house:) Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la!

Happy Sunday! 
It's been a busy week around here getting into the Holiday spirit! Unfortunately, not a ton of pictures to show for it, but the tree is up and decorated, the house is decorated, the gifts are bought (but not wrapped) and the cookies are made! WHEW!
Here's a few quick pics from the week...

Our 1st annual cookie day! Mom and dad usually attempt to make a few different kinds of cookies each year, but doing it in the evenings after work has not been ideal because we are all tired, and finding a weekend time when we are all home is next to impossible as well! So, mom recruited Granny and Auntie Heidi and they decided to make a day of it at our house...here's a glimpse

'Helping' Granny mix

This is a about half, or slightly more, of the completed cookies. Aunt Heidi had already taken her share before we took the picture, plus mom and Granny made two more kinds after this! 

Of course I was a SUPER great helper at tasting them:) 

All in all it was a fun productive day...but cookie day is NOT for the weary and weak! Mom was SO exhausted by the end of the day, she went to bed pretty much the same time as me:) Granny too!

I love to color, paint, draw , etc... but today we attempted a 1st (in the house anyway!)- Fingerpainting with no boundaries! We are working on a top secret project for a certain someone's special birthday party. Mom definitely has 'pregnancy brain' because for some crazy reason she thought that this project was going to go somewhat smooth and that I would cooperate with what and how she wanted me to paint:) Yah......Right!
I did have a total blast, which was the most important thing:) I even discovered that paint isn't just fun on paper, but also on my body! Good thing it was washable! It came right off in the bathtub, much to moms enjoyment.

Just getting started...a little green on my hands and the paper 

"This is fun mom! I have a green belly":) 

And this is when it started to get a little out of control:) The red was probably my favorite color, so of course that had to go on my body!
Working and concentrating very intensely on my project.


The least I could do after the mess I made, was help mom get the paint off my body-and I decided I really didn't like it between my toes!  

Baby Update: 26 weeks
We had a check up on Friday and everything looks and sounds good. Mom had a few questions about painful vein trouble she's been having, but of course the answer was that it's just 'part of the process' to deal with...so 3 more months of it:) The pregnancy is going overall pretty well- starting to gain more weight much faster. Baby is very active, escpecially right away in the morning and at bedtime.
Danika has been in LOVE with her baby doll, and any other real babies we see...it will be really fun to see how she interacts with the newest arrival in March- maybe the novelty will wear off once she realizes she can't give this baby away when she's bored with it:)

Have a great week and stay warm!
Love,
Danika & Family 

No comments:

Post a Comment