Sunday, August 26, 2012

Packin' In The Fun Before Summer Is Done!!!

The past two week's we have:
 
Munched on some sweet corn...again, and again, and again!
Danika never gets enough:)
 
Haddie turned 5 months old last week...Time flies:)

 
This little bug brings so much joy to our lives!
Likes: When Danika talks to her, being held, eating, her giraffe, her exersaucer
Dislikes: Sleeping!!!! That's pretty much it, but it's a big one:) She is still up about every 3 hours at night and only takes 1 good nap during the day...I knew we were in for it when Danika was such an easy, good sleeper.

 
We spent a few nights on the Lake with the Brenner's. Danika fished, Kayaked, went for a pontoon ride, roasted marshmallows and ate a smore...So much fun!

 
Caught a baby fish:) 


 
 
I enjoyed my favorite summer time treat...Cherry Berry frozen yogurt:) She has to have the pink kind, so it's usually strawberry with sprinkles 
 
Oh and to throw one more thing in to last weekend, I ran a half marathon! It was the Madison Mini and it was a great day for a race...the weather was wonderful and the course was great- Hopefully a race I can do every year:) Then we stayed for a little while and enjoyed the Farmers Market

 
 
Daren especially enjoyed the spicy cheese bread, fresh out of the oven:)

 
 
Haddie started solid foods:) She was so curious about us when we were eating and just not hungry enough, so we gave it a shot. She's lovin' it...so far she's tried oatmeal cereal, avocado, sweet potato, peas, and peaches- Peaches seem to be her favorite:) 
 
Trying out the sippie cup 
 
 
I celebrated my birthday last week...
 
Danika worked hard to help Daddy make a cake from scratch for me:)
 
 
Here's my best birthday present...new accent chairs for the living room:)  
Looks like the girls like them too!
 
Danika's highlight of the week was going to the Minnesota State Fair (and Daren's too!)
Granny spent the morning with us there and spoiled Danika....
 
They went on the Merry-Go-Round... 
 
Daren & Danika went on the Giant Slide... 
Then she said "Just one more time?!?!" so I went with her too
 
She saw many, many animals... 
 
And the highlight of the day, week, month, probably even year...
Her new PINK cowboy hat from Granny! 
 
"Look at my new hat sissy!" 
 
The girl loved (and still does love) it SO much. She wanted to wear it the entire day- even while she munch on some yummy french fries:) 
 
Haddie was a pretty good kid throughout the day, but did not like being the test subject for a photo op at the french fry stand. Luckily, they gave us a free fry coupon for the torture:)

 
Danika got to pick one ride to go on and of all things she chose the ferris wheel! How lucky was she when low and behold, when it was her and Daren's turn to get in, it was a PINK one!

 
And on the way out, we had to make a stop at the Mr. Bubble pit...I wasn't too wild and crazy about her getting wet and soapy, but luckily for me, she's like her mama and hates to get messy, so she was good with jsut walking through the bubbles:) 
 
So it's been a busy, but fun few weeks:) I'm sad to say it's back to the grind tomorrow:/ It's kind of bittersweet because I am very excited to get back in my classroom, but I'm overwhelmed with all I have to do, and I will miss my girls a lot too! Danika is looking forward to going back to Amy's house and seeing her friends.
 
Oh, and one last thing we've been up too... I had a special project I put Daren to work on. I've been wanting to make Danika a dollhouse so I enlisted him to construct it:)
It's quite the masterpiece! More to come about it...I just need to put my crafty spin on it by painting it white, adding some wallpaper, furniture and dolls:) Hopefully we get it done soon because Ms. D is SO excited to play with it!
 
One last look and these two characters....
 
Danika- 2 1/2
Sassy, independent, smart little whipper snapper, loves dancing & singing, lovable:) 
 
Haddie-5 months
Sleepless, smiley, hungry, chunky, cuddly, loveable:) 
 
 
These pictures reflect this moment of our lives....while we have our challenging moments raising these two strong willed (and fiesty at times) girls, we feel so blessed 5 million times over to have them in our lives.
 
Love to All,
Daren, Jamie, Danika & Haddie
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment