Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday Funday!

Another week in the books...Hard to believe Memorial Day weekend is only a week away and that it's mid May! We had lots of just mom-and-girls time this week while Dad was busy planting, so we made the most of it!
 
Hadster, the food monster... 
 
 her 2 favorite things... eating and chillin' outside:) 
 
My helper, Danika...watering the flowers
(I'm not sure any water actually made it in the scooper all the way from the sensory table to the flower pot:) 
 
 
Getting a little crazy!!!
 
Haddie and her freakishly long tongue...

 
I think this was surprised face for D....or maybe excited:) 
 
 
A few weeks ago after a challenging ultrasound appointment for little D, I had to do a little bribing with a new game if she was a good girl. She cried and was afraid for much of it (understandably when a complete stranger is pushing a foreign object on your belly for 20 minutes) But, she laid still and didn't jump off the table or anything, so to Target we went.
I was prepared for a splurge on a game she probably wouldn't play much...whatever looked fun at that moment is what she would surely pick.
Well, to my surprise she ended up picking a princess memory matching game that she had noticed in my classroom months before. We never even got to play it in my classroom, but she certainly remembered it. So $5 later we had the princess game.
I'm happy (I think) to report that we play this game at least twice a night...on weekends, probably much more than that. She even enjoys playing it by herself and she has a much better memory than Daren or I!
 
The girls enjoyed 2 days at the farm with grandma and grandpa this week while Amy took some time off...They sure do enjoy their time together (Kids and grown ups:)
 
We had a bit more time there on Saturday when Daren was milking so they played and played and played outside...


 
Big cous' Chloe was there too so they got to play together

 
 
 
 
...and to end the weekend on a happy note, Daren got home a bit before bedtime tonight so we had a little time to relax and play outside with him too:)

 
Funny story to share... (Well, if you ask Danika it's not funny)
This morning we had a brief thunderstorm and Danika was playing in her bedroom. When I heard a very loud bang I went in to check on her and noticed she was hiding under her bed. When I asked her if she was OK she said in a crying voice "Mom, something growled at me! I think it was a lion!" (referring to the thunder) :)
Although I felt sad she was so upset by it, I also laughed hysterically at how serious she was that she was certain she heard a lion!



One last thing... Thought I'd share a cute video of Danika putting on a show in the yard that I had mentioned in last week's post. She is kind of far away and difficult to hear, but if you really tune in you can get the gist of her 'performance'. The grand finale is a big 'NO' when she notices I'm videoing her:)
 
 
Love,
The Dummers



No comments:

Post a Comment