Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Kids Say The Darndest Things!

Jamie here:) So I started a countdown with my kindergarteners until baby Dummer is due. They are anticipating it, and I want to prepare them in advance for me being gone from the classroom for practically the rest of the school year. Anyway,we were changing the number the other day (27 school days by the way...41 total until our due date!)and this gets the kids minds really thinking about the whole idea of having a baby. After looking very puzzled, one of the boys raised his hand to ask "Mrs. Dummer, how to they get the baby out?" Yikes! Here it was, my first uncomfortable question about the whole concept of having children...BUT, luckily for me, another very 'bright' child who seems to know just about everything said "Duh, Mrs. Dummer pushes it out!" He still looked puzzled, but seemed satisfied enough, so we left it at that!
Yesterday one of my girls asked me "Mrs. Dummer, was Mr. Dummer in your tummy too?!?!" To which I replied "Do you think your mom was in your dad's tummy?" and of course her answer was no, so then she started putting it together I think!
More to come I'm sure!

33 Weeks Prego

No comments:

Post a Comment