Saturday, February 13, 2010

I have the BEST husband in the world!!!!

It's been another anxious, busy week at the Dummer household. Baby Dummer feels like he or she has dropped and is getting ready and just as anxious as we are! Our midwife told us this week that baby's head is pretty far down and she thinks it is around 7lbs. I've had a quite a few contractions and they seem to get more intense every day...I don't know if I can hack this having a natural birth business, but I've got a good partner in Daren to coach me through it and if it's truly more than I can handle, I've realized that drugs may not be all that bad!
At school, it was a crazy week as we celebrated our 100th Day of kindergarten on Thursday and then had our Valentine's party on Friday. I celebrated right with the kiddos on Friday, since I had (and have tomorrow) class this weekend. My wonderful husband surprised me at school with a box of Dessert First cupcakes! He knows the way to this pregnant girls heart!

My favorites! 2 red velvet, one chocolate and one strawberry cheesecake! YUM!
When I got home from class tonight, I had an even bigger surprise. A Valentines/Mama- to-be present...a new iPhone! I've been nagging him for a while that I wanted a new phone, but never expected him to give in to the iPhone urge!


Daren had a bag on the kitchen counter from at&t that said "It's what all new moms need" and then I followed the arrows down the hallway into our bedroom and on the dresser was the iPhone and a special note...the most important part saying "Anyone who carries a miniature version of me for 9 months and puts up with me at the same time deserves something special!" What a keeper:) During this whole journey of pregnancy he has been so supportive and such a wonderful caretaker. I know that he is going to be the worlds greatest dad and I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful person to spend my life with and to call my husband! I can't wait to see him holding our little bundle of joy for the first time...who knows, that could be any day now! We'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment