Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy (Belated) 4th of July!!!!

It was another fun-filled summer week...Mom and I went for a run everyday (well, I slept most days!) we got together with some good friends and we enjoyed 4 full family days together (hense, why mom is two days late with the post!) My daddy took off from work on Friday and he also had Monday off to celebrate the 4th of July. We spent some time at the pool on Friday, hung out at the farm most of Saturday and Sunday, and cleaned the house and had friends over on Monday. I was too pooped out to watch any fireworks so we didn't do anything too special on the 4th of July...after I went to bed mom and dad could see the fireworks in Altoona from the end of our driveway so they watched for a little while there.

CHEEEEEEEESE!
(My first visit to the barn to check out daddy's #2 job:)

The pool was fun, but not the best timing because I was a little delayed in taking my nap that day...so I slept for a good portion of the time we were there... But the time I was awake I had fun kicking and splashing in the water!

Our favorite thing to do on a nice (not humid!) summer night...sit on the porch and hang out as a fam:)
Pooped out from too much fun this week! I LoVe my new giraffe- especially sucking on it and when I fell asleep in my carseat, I wasn't about to give it up!
I've definitely been working on getting some teeth this past week! You can see my two bottom teeth a little bit under my gums. I'm not going to lie, it's a pretty painful experience...all you grown ups reading this should be thankful you don't remember the experience of getting new teeth piercing through your gums- not very pleasant. As a result, it's not really my fault, but I've been SUPER crabby! It just hurts and there were lots of times this week that nothing that mom or dad did would calm me down. I've been up a few extra times at night here and there too.Some people have said that this could be a month long process and we're all just hoping that the month is almost over!
Below: I LOVE to suck on my butterfly wings because we put it in the freezer and they get icy and cold which feels amazing on my sore gums!

Other than new teeth, I'm still a pretty happy baby. I love to look at myself and my mommy and daddy in mirrors, I love to babble, I love to watch Sophie Dog, and I like to put any and all of my toys in my mouth! I found my feet this week too! They haven't made their way to my mouth yet, just my hands, but give me some time...When I'm supported a little bit, I can sit up all by myself and that's when I find my toes- I don't know if it's my chubby legs or my bulky cloth diapers or maybe a combination of both, but I definitely can't reach my feet yet when I'm lying down!
This week I get to have some playdates with friends and meet my daycare lady, Amy. Mom and dad think she's great and I'm looking forward to meeting her too...as sad as I am to say, before you know it mid-August will be here and then it will be time for mom to get her classroom ready and time for me to meet new friends at daycare with Amy!
Have a good, short week and I'll be back at it next week! Who knows, maybe I'll have some teeth to report  about (mom and dad are really wishful thinking here!)
Love, Danika

No comments:

Post a Comment