Sunday, August 22, 2010

Yes, We're still alive and well...

Just busy, busy, busy!!! Between weddings and vacations we have been one busy family in the month of August! I know many of you have mentioned missing the blog updates and mom has felt bad too, there just hasn't been enough time in the days and weeks to sit down and get it done!
Where do I begin?!?!


Here's what we've been up to....
We went to Duluth for 2 days for a mini family vacation. It was a lot of fun! We strolled around downtown, walked by the lake at Canal Park and watched the boats, and of course did a little shopping in all the gift shops:) I got to see Goosebury Falls and I LOVED splashing my feet in the water, even though it was a little cold:)



I also went to the children's museum for the 1st time with mommy and my Auntie's Lisa and Lori and my cousins Connor and Madeline. I played and played and played in the baby area and I loved watching all the big kids play too!


I went to my 1st girl's weekend with my Dummer/Spielman family gals!!! This year Auntie Lori's house was the destination. I got to hang out with mommy, Auntie Lisa and Auntie Lori, Great Aunt Jan, Great Grandma Spielman, Grandma Dummer, Auntie Stacy and my cousins Connor, Madeline and Chloe. We went for a boat ride, lounged around outside, did arts and crafts, and went for a nice supper at Vino in the Valley.


Daddy had some work training last week in Iowa for a few days so mommy and I went to stay with Granny and we helped her go through lots of junk!!!! Years of accumulated garbage that granny, mommy and Auntie Heidi built up! A couple days, a trip to goodwill, and 10 large garbage bags later, Granny's basement was a little more organized!
 

This weekend we had cousin Jackie's wedding on Friday night and then we spent the weekend at Auntie Lori and Uncle Mike's house. We didn't do too much, but relax and that was much needed!!! We went to Vino in the Valley again for dinner because daddy had never been there before. I eventually fell asleep and mommy, daddy, Lori and Mike had a nice dinner together.
 (Thanks to Auntie Lori and Uncle Mike for having us!)



What's new with me...
I'm 6 months old already!!!! Where the heck did that half a year go?!?!
I can totally sit up on my own now and LOVE to. No more of that laying down to play business!
I love to jump ALL the time in my jumperoo too.
I'm making all kinds of new sounds and babbles...I love to blow bubbles and stick my tongue out.
I've developed quite the little personality already and I grunt when I'm not getting what I want!
I'm really enjoying eating food now too! I've had cereal, avocado, sweet potatoes, peas,carrots, apples and peaches already! So far there hasn't been a food that I don't like (I'm definitely my daddy's daughter!!!)

Last week I spent a half a day with Amy (my daycare provider) and this upcoming week I get to spent 3 half days there to prepare both me and mommy! Then it's back to reality for mom and school starts next week. It will be good for both of us to get into a routine and I'm excited to have some new friends and playmates!
Hopefully the routine helps mom remember to blog weekly:)


I think I covered everything from the last 3 weeks!
I better get going...mom wants to spend one of our last full days together and I suppose I better give in- after all, it is her birthday!
 Love you all:)
Danika



No comments:

Post a Comment