Sunday, October 10, 2010

Todays' blog brought to you by the #10!

Happy 10-10-10! In honor of this once in a century milestone, I thought I'd bring it into my message today:)
 Sorry I didn't post a blog last week...time got away from us and it seems like there just isn't any downtime around here. So what's new in the Dummer household?!?! Well, Dad is still working nights while they are combining corn at Pioneer. He goes to work around 2 or 3 in the afternoon and gets home around 3am-sometimes later:/  Yep, you guessed it, that means that I haven't really seen him at all the last 2 weeks! I say goodbye when I leave for daycare in the morning and he tries to wake up to see me, but that's right about when he's in his deepest sleep. Friday night he didn't end up having to work so we got to spend a little time together. That was wonderful! I miss my daddy! He's been hard at work for about TEN days now and there are probably about another TEN to go!
Last week Grandpa Lynn and Grandpa Dave watched my cousins Connor and Madeline while their mom and dad were in France. Connor wanted to come hang out in Kindergarten with mom for a day, but he decided he only wanted to come for an hour...but of course, once he got there he has tons of fun...here's a quick list of TEN things he did at kindergarten: played on the school playground, ate a snack, played with the doll house, did a puzzle, listened to a story, met new friends, made a letter/word 'office' project, drew a picture, sang a few songs, and played a game..WHEW!!!! That was a lot of stuff to cram in an hour and a half, but it was a fun afternoon (well, I wasn't there, but that's what I hear:)

Last weekend when the weather was cooler I had to really bundle up, especially because mom and I headed to an outdoor wedding. It was at least TEN degrees cooler than the average for this time of year... (even though this weekend was at least TEN degrees above average!)I'm not so sure about this socks and shoes business...I like to be barefoot!! For now, I'm satisfied with taking my shoes off and chewing on them (mom will probably only let this last before she ruins all my fun while my shoes are clean in my pre-walking stage:)


Mom's co-workers wedding

  Both last weekend and this weekend mom and I made the trek to Minnesota to help granny move. Let me tell you, it is a true undertaking to get her packed and moved...although, it's not really her fault, it's more mommy and auntie Heidi's fault for storing all their junk at her house for nearly TEN years! Anyway, we've made so much progress and the movers got all her big stuff moved on Friday so now she is able to stay at her new place...the best thing about this move is that now she's 30 minutes closer to me!! I hope that means I'll get to see her more often:)

I was a big helper (well, kind of!) but I did like all the paper they kept throwing on the floor when they unwrapped the dishes! It made such crunchy sounds.  
This movin' business is hard work...time to take a break:)
Saturday was also Granny's birthday (not a fun birthday for Granny to have to be moving!) BUT we did take a break for lunch and great-grandma and great aunt Julie also came up to go out to lunch with us. I enjoyed playing with great-grams while mom, Julie, and granny loaded up the truck and van with more stuff... We probably easily brought TEN more boxes over to her new place. 

I'm still such a happy baby pretty much all the time...although mom is convinced that my teeth are coming for real this time! They've been saying that for months, but I'm really drooly, chewing on everything and obsessed with putting my hands in my mouth and really biting them! No fever or messy pants (which everyone tells mom and dad are precursers to teething!) but my gums are red and bumpy. Mom predicts that within the next TEN days I will have my bottom teeth:) Whether she's right or not, I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
 
I'm still not crawling (forwards anyway) but I do scooch backwards a lot and I can really push myself up:) That could be another TEN day prediction! (maybe:)

I hope everyone enjoyed catching up with me! I'll talk to you again next week:)
Love, Danika

No comments:

Post a Comment