Monday, July 18, 2011

"In the Summertime When the Weather is High..."

It's a heatwave!
I've been such a little fish this week!I started swimming lessons M-Th and believe it or not it was really chilly a couple of the days! Hard to imagine now with the hot weather we're having...

Having a snack and warming up in my towel with dad:) 

We also went in the boat again this week. I loved it this time! I helped daddy drive the boat and I even swam in the lake! 


Practicing floating and singing a song at swim lessons 

Holding my ball that I throw in the water and then practice scooping and kicking to get it again:) 

A few other fun things I did this week include playing with play-dough for the 1st time...After I got over the exploration of trying to put it in my mouth, mom showed me how to stretch, roll, cut and build with it. I mostly just enjoy mashing it! 

Because I (well, mom too!) go crazy staying in the house all day, we have made lots of trips to the park and walking the trails near the park. A few of my favorite things to do at the park are swing, slide, climb and steer! 



My favorite thing this week to do when I was inside the house, was to push the stroller around with my baby and my puppy inside! I got very frustrated when I couldn't turn it around in the hallway, but with mom's help, I pushed them all around the house!

I was even lucky enough to get pushed around too! Dad took me for a ride around the house, and of course Sophie thought that because I was in a stroller, it must be time for a walk:) 

We hope everyone stays cool this week! It's going to be  scorcher! Aside from swimming lessons, I'll probably do more inside activities this week like the library and children's museum to stay cool! Oh, and I get to go see Amy and all my friends at daycare on Wednesday...I'm SO excited! I've missed them!
Love Ya!
Danika


No comments:

Post a Comment