Sunday, February 17, 2013

Could it be? Three!!!

 
Feels like yesterday I was sitting in my grad class with some 'stomach cramps' and just a few short hours later got one of the greatest gifts of my life:) And here we are 3 years later and my little 6 pound peanut is now such a unique little person! She is beyond any expectations I ever had about what my child would be like (good and bad!) The tantrums ... a little WAY worse! But the love...more than I ever imagined possible! She is like Daren and I in many ways, but is also very much just herself, Danika Jolee Dummer! She is creative, compassionate, and a wonderful big sister:)
 
We were able to have a few small birthday celebrations this week. The night of her birthday some of our Dummer family came over for cake and presents and on Saturday my mom, sister, & grandma came over for pizza and again, cake:) Hope she someday realizes just how lucky she is to have SO much love!


 
She got an art easel from us and has enjoyed using it. She has really been into coloring, drawing, painting, and anything creative! She tells me "I'm an artist" :) Aunt Lori should be proud!

 
The big boy cousins helping sing and blow out the candles! 
 
No, we didn't forget about Haddie this week...She got to partake in all the party fun and family love too:)
Hard to believe she passed the 11 month milestone this week! (Her monthly picture will have to wait until next week, we've been a little busy:)
 
 
Danika 'reading' to Collin 
 
More cake! 

 
 
The timing couldn't have been better for a snow day! I was lucky enough to have the day off thanks to 4 inches of snow:) So Danika and I had a special birthday together...we went sledding and to the Children's Museum, which she and Haddie both really enjoyed.
 
Snow angels... 

 
 
Our big 3 year old also had her very 1st dentist visit. She's getting over her stranger anxiety for the most part, but is sometimes still a little shy, so I was nervous about how she'd act.
Well, thankfully Daren was able to meet us there and of course, Dad can make any situation comfortable and safe:)
 
Talking about all the tools with the hygenist... 
 
 
Dr. Rosenberger checking out her teeth... She said it's looking good and that Danika should keep up the good work brushing and flossing! (Hopefully she continues to be so good and willing about doing it!)

 
Three year old Danika likes: DORA (I'm convinced it's a cult or something! How do they get so addicted?), PINK! art, quesadillas, blanky (as well as 5 others she has to have at bedtime), being the boss, being a helper, singing, dancing, reading, and her favorite person- her dad (surprise, surprise!)
 
Three year old Danika dislikes: being told NO! That's about it, but it's a big one:)
 
Thanks to any of you who sent birthday wishes her way this week...
 
Here's the big girl:
Newborn, One, Two, & Three!
 
 
Love, The Dummers

No comments:

Post a Comment