Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy Helper

Here we are again on a wierd weather sunday blogging about what we've been up to:)
 
This week's blog is all about my little BIG helper Danika...
 
She enjoyed helping me make chocolate velvet cupcakes. And Haddie wanted in on the action too..
Putting the liners in the pan...
 
Filling them with batter.... 
 
Topping it all off with sprinkles...
 
 
And the real test- getting to taste them! I think she liked it:)
(I will say Daren and I were NOT fans! I tried to be 'deceptively delicious' and made a bunch of foods containing beets, these cupcakes and frosting included. Danika couldn't tell, but we could and it just didn't quite taste like a normal cupcake)

Last weekend we had extra special visitors... Lori, Mike, and Miles came to spend the night. Danika was in baby heaven and was truly intrigued and a great helper with Miles. She would just sit near him and watch and talk to him, and if he started crying she would carefully put his pacifier in his mouth


 
 
He looks like a natural:)  
 
Danika didn't just enjoy Miles, but Auntie Lori and Uncle Mike too... She set up a full on tea party, complete with cupcakes and ice cream:)
 
 
Danika also continues to want to help with her sister... This is where I could use a little LESS help sometimes:)
For instance, at 5:15 in the morning when Haddie wakes up crying & talking and Danika feels like it's her 'helpful' job to go in to Haddie's room and turn the lights on to greet her sister (who of course smiles her biggest smile right back at Danika:) 
This has been happening a little too frequently for my sleep deprived self! They're lucky they are so darn cute!
 
 
Haddie the explorer!
I thought I'd let her play with the bag of potatoes while I made supper- not the cleanest thing, but definitely not the worst in the kitchen either!  She seemed to like how it felt on her gums since she's been teething... but
 
She wasn't so sure once she actually bit into one...
I don't think she'll be running back to it anytime soon!
 
Haddie has taken quite a few steps here and there, but she seems a bit lazy to really get at walking without support, and I'm OK with that:)
Her favorite thing lately is to walk from chair to chair, using her activity table on the way... she just goes from one chair, around the play table, and to the next chair and back again:)


 
 
We have a special day to celebrate on Thursday in this house... yes, of course Valentine's Day like the rest of the world, but I lost that 'romantic' day for couples three years ago when a spunky little girl came into our lives! Ms. Danika is very excited this year and when I dare to take her to a store with me she finds about 50 things she says she wants for her birthday. She keeps asking 'Is it Valentine's Day yet?!?!'
 
"How old will I be?"
 
 
"Oh yeah, 3, that's big!"

 
"Oh my goodness, that's only 4 days away!" 
 
 
Oh don't cry Haddie, your birthday is right around the corner too!

 
:)
 
 
Have a great week, filled with LOVE!
 
Love from us,
The Dummers

No comments:

Post a Comment