Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Trick-or-Treat, Smell My Feet, Give Me Something Good to Eat:)

Sorry I'm a few days late...I'm still recooperating from all the Halloween Festivities! We had a busy week of carving pumpkins, a Halloween party, parade, and trick-or-treating.

On the Friday before Halloween, daycare ended at 1:00 so dad took the afternoon off and we went to mom's school to join the kindergarteners Halloween festivities. First, we had a party and they made 'witches brew'...of course I didn't get to eat any, but dad enjoyed the handouts:)

Then it was time for the parade and all of the kids (415 of them!) at mom's school got to wear their costumes and their parents came to watch them parade through all the classrooms and out around the playground. Dad and I just hung out inside because it was too cold! After the parade Amy (my daycare provider) came to say hi! (Well, she was there watching her kids in the parade, but I felt special that I got to see her too!)
 I love my Amy:)


 On Friday night, somehow I wasn't totally tuckered out so we decided to carve pumpkins. Dad did most of the grunt work and  I just sat their and looked cute! Mom just took pictures and gave input about the faces for our Jack-o-lanterns

 This feels funny...it's so bumpy!

 The finished products! (Hard to see, but one is scared, scary, and happy)
 Then came Sunday and the real festivities began:)
Mom always calls me 'bug' or 'buggy' so when she found a ladybug costume, it was a match made in heaven for me! Then it came time to decide what mom and dad should be and they decided to be bugs too...Mom was a bumblebee and Dad was a spider.

 We didn't go trick-or-treating a lot of places, but we put on a lot of miles! We decided to surprise Auntie Lori so we drove to Eau Galle so she could see us all dressed up. She was so surprised she screamed...literally! We scared her:) She even let me have 'real' big kid candy...ok, so I didn't get to eat it, but I enjoyed chewing on the wrappers for a little bit:)
We also went to 2 of my great grandma's houses (Great Grandma Val and Great Grandma Dummer)
We went to Grandma and Grandpa Dummer's and we stopped to see our friends from church, Bob and Pat.
Everyone enjoyed my visit and I made out pretty good with some treats of various baby food, a teething ring and baby wipes:) Thanks to everyone for my treats!

Earlier in the week I did go the urgent care because my pesty cough and cold was NOT getting any better and I started to not drink my bottles so mom and dad had enough of that and decided to take me in. Of course, they couldn't find anything wrong and sent me home...luckily I started drinking better the next day and I've been on the upswing...although, I've still got a horrible cough when I wake up in the morning-I just can't get that 'crud' out of my system!
My new favorite thing to play with is tupperware! I LOVE discovering what's in the drawer and banging the containers on the kitchen floor! Not the quietest activity, but it keeps me busy while mom and dad are in the kitchen cooking:)
I hope everyone has had a good start to their week! Talk to you again next week:)
Love, Danika

No comments:

Post a Comment