Sunday, March 27, 2011

Miss Independent!

As you know from many of my previous posts, I like to make sure mom and dad know that I'm the one in charge- If I don't get my way, I'm not too happy about it! I have been learning though, that sometimes I don't get my way...and I don't like it! So to show my dislike I have been banging my head on the floor! (Lovely, right?) As you can see from the picture below, I quickly get over it and usually put a smile on my face, but not before a nice red mark appears! These are a pretty typical appearance for me these days- Hopefully grow out of this soon~

All tantrums aside, I really am a pretty good kid. I like this independent thing, and I'm bound and determined to show my mom and I dad that I can many things all by myself!
For instance...

I can get my own snack;not just out of the container, but I know exactly where to find it! 

I can read stories all by myself and sometimes Sophie dog is nice enough to sit and listen:) 

I can brush my teeth all by myself! (Well sort of...I used to LOVE when mom brushed them, but now I will only allow it if MY hands are on the toothbrush!)

I can find my own toys- I know what I want to play with and I can dig it out of the cubbies!

I'm starting to understand so much more about playing with things and what their purposed are...for example, I put the animals in their spots in the barn (or usually in the silo!) 

I (try) to put the shapes in the holes...this one is super tricky though because there are 9 different shapes! But I'm starting to understand that's what they are for. 

Besides playing appropriately with most of my actual toys, I've also discovered many other 'toys' that are just as fun, if not even more so!
I am into EVERYTHING!
A few favorites are the dishwasher, tupperware cupboard, pots and pans cupboard, bathroom drawers, and the pantry!
A few shots of me in action:)


Trying to climb for what I want in the pantry:) 

Finally, I got it!

This week my mom and me were on Spring Break which meant no work or daycare. We played, and shopped, and played, and visited dad, and played with sophie, and just hung out! It was exhausting!
I love to 'gently' pat Sophie and give her love:)


We brought my dad lunch and I got to have a special treat...french fries!

All that playin', visiting, and working really pooped me out:) 

Oh ya, PS- I'm a walker! Well, sort of! In just the last week I've ventured on my own a lot and have consistently been taking about 10 steps at a time on my own. I bet in the next week or two I will be walking everywhere! 

Today I started Swimming lessons!!!!
After the trauma of last weekend's waterpark adventure, I wasn't too sure about it, but it turns out I LOVE IT! I was splashing and playing with balls, and I even practiced floating on my back while I rested my head on moms shoulder...there were lots of other friends to play with too! Unfortunately, no pictures of it:( Mom had to fly solo this week and it was nearly impossible to get the both of us in the pool, out of the pool, showered and clothed, let alone get any pictures...SO this week you just get to hear about it and hopefully next week you'll get to see me in action! Something to look forward to:)

Have a great week everyone! Hopefully April comes in with some warmer weather!
Love, Danika

No comments:

Post a Comment