Monday, April 4, 2011

Splish, Splash!

Happy Monday! As promised, I have some pictures of me at swimming lessons! This week, I still enjoyed swimming and loved the water, but I wasn't quite as animated as last week because I was majorly nap deprived! BUT for only taking a 20 minute nap all day, I did pretty well:) At lesson this week we practiced splashing, floating, grabbing balls and putting them in a basket or bucket, jumping into the water, and kicking! I didn't quite understand the kicking thing yet, but I just hung onto a kick board while mom spun me around the pool:)

Kick, Kick, Kick!

Getting my ball ready to dunk!

Practicing "1, 2, 3...Jump!"

Mom and dad tried so hard to get me to look at the camera, but it just didn't happen- I was too interested in the water! 

I continue to want to get into EVERYTHING and now that I'm growing and getting taller, I just about am into everything! My favorite thing to do is climb onto the dishwasher- the minute I hear mom or dad open it I get my speedy feet over to it...I'm too quick for them to get it loaded and closed before I arrive:)

I love my Soph-Dog:) I'm learning how to touch nice and pet her gently (although Sophie loves any attention she gets, that she even puts up with me when I get a little too rough) 

Daddy and me reading books before bedtime! 

Quite a few months ago when I started eating solid food, mom and dad introduced to the spoon...At the time, they would put food on it and then give it to me, and it woudl go in my mouth...I lost interest in it over the last few months so we got it out again this week, and it wasn't pretty!
However mom and dad tell me to do something, I usually like to do it the complete opposite and figure out my own way!

This was the only bite that made it from yogurt dish, to spoon, to mouth gracefully! 

The rest of the bites looked a little more like this...
I would taek teh spoon from mom, scrap the yogurt off it and onto my hands, then put my fingers in my mouth, and occasionally then end by sucking on the spoon!
Eventually I'll get the hang of it, but for now, it's just fun!

Other than the excitement I mentioned above, the only other 'new' thing from last week is how much I'm talking! I babble and babble and babble NON-stop! I defintely have some clear words in all my jibberish too:) I can say "hi", "da, or dada", "mom, or mama",  "bye",  mom and dad even think they heard a "lamby" (my blanky) and "annie" (Granny's dog) and "uh-oh" out of me this weekend!  
So exciting to finally be able to verbalize myself! I tell Sophie Dog all kinds of stories:) Maybe now that I'm beginning to talk I will have less tantrums to get what I want?!?! My parents can only hope;) As great-grandma Val said yesterday though, I'm not even in my terrible two's yet!!! In my words "Uh-Oh" mom and dad!!!
Happy April- Have a great, warmer week!
Love, Danika

No comments:

Post a Comment