Sunday, October 9, 2011

A glimpse...

Hello All!
This weekend, mom (and I) got a little glimpse at what it would/will be like with more than 1 child! We babysat my friends Anna (4) and Allie (19months...just like me!) from daycare. They came over Friday night after daycare and stayed until Sunday afternoon while their parents went camping. We had a beautiful weekend to go to the park, play sidewalk chalk, go for a walk and be outside...however mom learned in a hurry how challenging it is to go anywhere when you are outnumbered! I can be quite a handful all by myself on most outings, but add another kiddo like me that doesn't want to be put down and she's got her hands full...We even ventured to the store to get a few groceries and artsy stuff to do and she got 'the looks' from people, probably thinking "This lady can barely handle the 3 kids she's got in her cart, and she's having another baby?!?!" :)
In her defense, dad was working all weekend so it was like she was single parenting...so as far as the 'glimpse' goes, the verdict is still out for sure, but chances are we can probably handle this new baby just fine:) As long as I step it up and become a good helper!
Really though, it was a great weekend and we played well together, minus the few times I DID NOT want to share my toys! Anna was a big helper holding my hand and walking with me when mom just couldn't possibly carry Allie, me, and the baby in her belly! I had lots of fun, and hopefully I even learned how to play nice and share! Those girls are really good at it and hopefully it rubbed off on me:) Of course, no pictures of the 3 of us kiddos...anytime mom tried to snap a picture her phone was the handiest thing and they all turned out blurry, so they aren't even worth uploading-sorry!

Today we had a picnic to celebrate my Granny's birthday (no, I'm not allowed to tell you how old she is:) It was a beautiful day at Carson park and the best part of all was that ALL my cousin's on mom's side of the family were there! That rarely ever happens...the last time was probably Easter! I had lots of fun with them...although boys will be boys and I just don't understand how to play with them sometimes:) The next closest cousin to me in age is Collin, and he's 5. He's a great pal and helper with me!

Me & the birthday gal:)


I had fun throwing around the leaves...

On the Teeter-Totter with Collin 

The whole crew...all 6 of Granny's grandchildren (5 boys and ME!) 

The six grand kiddos again...from oldest to youngest
L to R: Dylan (14), Christian (9), Tyson (8), Cameron (7), Collin (5), Danika (1) 

and of course, boys will be boys...we had to get a silly one (obviously I'm not too sure what's going on, or what exactly I'm supposed to do for this picture?!?!) 

Me and Collin, just hangin' out:) 

Dad has officially started working nights while they are harvesting at work, so he goes in around 3 in the afternoon and doesn't get home until 3 or so in the morning:( So the only time I'll get to see him is for a quick good morning kiss and hug before mom and I are out the door for the day...we pray for good weather and no machinery breaking down, so that it gets done within the next few weeks and I can get my daddy back!


Baby update: 18 Weeks!
Hard to believe that mom is already almost half way done with her pregnancy! She's been feeling much better, just very tired, thanks to me:) She went to the dr. last week and is measuring right where she should be and she also got to hear babys heartbeat again, which is always reassuring. We get to find out if it's a girl or a boy in just a week and a half! Look for some kind of update about that on the blog in a few weeks:)

Well, it's bedtime (for me AND mom after the exhausting weekend...(seriously, a note from mom here...anyone reading this that has 2+ children who are less than 3 years apart, I have a whole new appreciation for you!) Have great week and enjoy the last few days of this Indian Summer before it's back to reality for October which means colder weather, which really means I have to wear socks, which I hate!

Talk to you next week:)
Love, Danika



No comments:

Post a Comment