Sunday, April 8, 2012

What an "egg"citing weekend!

We have all been busy bees around the Dummer house the last few weeks!
Daren has been swamped at work getting ready to plant the corn, as well as prepping and priming his lawn for the season:) Of course, he has a little helper attached to his hip! Every night when he gets home Danika asks him "Water tree Daddy?" So they go out together and water our newest tree.


Danika has been busy adjusting to life as both a big sister and a 2 year old. She has gotten a little bit better for us (that, or we are just getting more used to her new attitude!) Not quite as many tantrums anyway! She is obsessed with her babies though....and they have to do everything that Haddie does, which is cute, but also something I have to watch closely. She wants to take all Haddie's blankets and burp clothes out of her room 20 times a day and give them to her babies. She also wants her baby to sit on the potty chair. Somehow the thing hasn't fallen in the toilet yet, but Danika did manage to unroll over half the toilet paper roll before I caught her because 'baby need wipe mommy!' And of course Danika has to nurse her baby as well. I nearly fell over in shock and laughter when Danika came and sat next to me when I was feeding Haddie and she lifted up her shirt and stuck her baby right on her bare chest to feed her! 


Haddie and I have been busy getting the hang of each other! She really has been a great baby, but we've had some major issues nursing this time around...It was one problem after another for us so my supply went down and she wasn't getting enough milk and lost 10 oz...poor girl:/ So over the last two weeks we've met with a lactation consultant 4 different times for some support and help and we even had to supplement with formula for a few feedings while I was getting my supply back up:/ As of now, it's going much better- still not ideal, but  I'm confident we'll get there! There were a few days when I wasn't sure if nursing was going to work so well for Ms. Haddie, but I'm glad we're on the upswing!
Friday we went back in for another weight check and she is gaining the recommended daily amount, so she has finally gotten back up to her birth weight again, actually a few ounces above:)

Enjoying her bath time!

When she is well fed and content, this is where you can find her most days:) She loves to be swaddled tight and close to me- I find myself sleeping upright half the night holding her because as soon as I lay her down, she wakes back up! So when I need to get things done around the house, I wrap her up and she's happy, and I've got 2 free hands!


This week we also dyed Easter eggs together. Danika loved dropping them (literally!) into the cups of color and was amazed when they came out a different color! She wanted to put each egg in all the colors:) When it was time to eat one, she tried to take a bit right into the shell...dad had to show her that 1st, the beautiful shell she had just colored has to come off the egg to eat the boring white and yellow parts:) 



To make sure there is never a dull moment around here, we kept busy on Saturday by taking Danika to see some baby farm animals. She loved to look at them, but wasn't sure what to do when she got to hold the baby lamb...she just kept her arms limp by her sides while they set it on her lap:)



Her absolute favorite part of the day was riding on a miniature horse. She LOVED it! She wasn't scared at all, and as they led the horse around the yard she wanted to do it by herself and didn't want anyone holding onto her (but I still send Granny with her and she just kept her hand behind her) She said she was going to ask Papa to get a horse on his farm! No matter how cute she is, not sure Papa will fall for that one;) 


We kept the day exciting Saturday by having our Easter extravaganza at the Dummer farm. We had a wonderful meal and an Easter egg hunt outside with all the cousins.

Great Grandma and Grandpa Spielman got to meet Haddie for the 1st time too! 



All 5 cousins ready to go on an egg hunt!

Daddy helped a little bit, but I found lots all by myself! 

Some eggs were easy to find and I could see them quickly... 


While other eggs they really made me work for to find them! 




Of course, the fun continued when we got to take our baskets inside and open them up! Lots of candy goodies and money for their piggy banks:) 


Today we had a nice Easter by going to church and having lunch with my mom, sister and nephews. Of course, we were too busy to take pictures:/ I'm a little disapointed we didn't get a family picture in our Easter best, but that's the new reality with 2 little kiddos! Not always going to work like we want it to:) We hope you had a wonderful Easter with your families!

Love, The Dummers

No comments:

Post a Comment