Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Big 3-0 (round 2!)

Happy Blogging Day!
Here's my quick Sunday recap of the week...
 
The big event of the week was Daren's birthday on Thursday. Last Sunday we started his 'birthday week' with 30 gifts for him to open throughout the week...They ranged from just little notes, candy, lottery tickets, and worked up to his actual gift.
Of course he had a little help!
 
On Thursday he finally made it to item #30 and even though he won't love having this picture on the blog, I had to share:)  
He's been wanting this Clay Matthews pictures for our basement for a LONG time... I've never been too crazy about it because I don't really want my calm, simple space turned into a sports bar! Well, it's taken me a few years, but I have finally reconsidered:/ Of course now, the autographed Brett Favre pictures will probably have to get dusted off and make their way out of the closet (it's been enough time to re-like him again, right?!?!) So next time you visit the Dummer house, you just may enter Packer central in our basement!
All of it aside, Daren is worth it and deserves it. I usually get the majority say of what I want (or mostly don't want) in the house for décor and color schemes, etc... so I suppose it's only fair!
...and Lynn said it best....I'd MUCH rather have a Clay canvas in my basement instead of a Deer Head! (IF he ever gets a buck that will be a garage item- end of discussion:)
 
After the amazing red velvet cake he made for my birthday, I returned the favor and made him a chocolate bundt cake.
 
Big D, little D, and H-Bomb ready to sing "Happy Birthday"! 
 
Love this stinker...she is such a ham for the camera these days!
 
We also celebrated his birthday with the whole Dummer family at the farm, as well as Lynn's upcoming birthday...
 
Fun times, good food, and of course some cousin love:)
My fave picture of the 'big' kids!
 (Sorry Miles & Haddie, maybe next time you'll make the cut!)


 
Our little climber is into, or on EVERYTHING!

 
"CHEEEEEEEESE!"


 
 
Well, there you have it. A week full of birthday fun!
We are somewhat getting back into the swing of things and have the hang of our early mornings and short nights together...makes me appreciate the weekends together that much more:)
 
Off to bed now to make an attempt at getting rested up for the week ahead with 22 crazy kindies!
Love,
The Dummers
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment