Monday, March 22, 2010

Life of the Party:)


What a week of parties! On Wednesday we celebrated St. Patricks Day. Mom went to the farm for breakfast and got to have green pancakes for cousin Connor's 4th birthday! Then at our house we celebrated when dad got home by wearing green and mom and dad ate Shepards Pie for supper and drank a guinness beer (mom's 1st in 11 months!) and of course we can't forget the green velvet and irish cream cupcakes from mom's favorite bakery:) I can't wait until I get to try them...maybe for my 1st birthday?!?!
We got to wear green again on Saturday for cousin Connor's birthday party!


Mom and dad have been acting a little crazy when it comes to basketball this last week...something about March madness! On Thursday we all dressed up in our badger gear (Thanks to the Kuehls for my badger onesie!) and cheered 'em on. They won so we were excited, but unfortunately they lost their second game..probably because we didn't have our red on!

On Sunday we had another party at our house and guess who it was for?!?! ME! It was a baby shower that mom was supposed to have before I was born, but I came a little early so we had it now, which was great because I got to meet and see again all kinds of special people! Mom's aunts, cousins, grandma, mom and sister were there, and Grandma Lynn and Auntie Lori even came to see me! I got LOTS of nice gifts from everyone and I feel so spoiled and lucky to have such a great family! Grandpa Dave even came over to help Daddy rake the yard while the ladies were inside:) Mommy and Daddy keep saying what great families they have and how blessed they are to have such special people in their lives...I agree!








One of my special gifts was a quilt that Grandma Lynn made for me. It's beautiful and even matches my bedroom.Lots of greens and browns... She's so creative! Now mommy and daddy can use it to meausure my growth and take my picture on it. So here is my first picture on it...I am 5 weeks old! Grandma Chris is also making me my very own special blanket! I can't wait until that one is finished...I sure do have some special grandma's that I love! Speaking of my growth, I went to the Dr. this week and I've gained some weight! Mom and dad new I have filled out a bit and thought maybe I was on the upside of 8 pounds, but guess what?!?! I weight 9lbs. 13oz!!!! That was with no clothes on and a clean diaper so it was all me:) That means I've gained 3 pounds since I was born! Dr. Usher says that must mean I'm a healthy eater! Mom and dad hope I don't gain quite that much weight every month or I'll be a chunk in no time! They already think the carseat is heavy...just wait!


I have a few new happenings to report for the week...
I started to smile at mom and dad, and not just cause I'm gassy! I've only done it 2 or 3 times, but hopefully as I start to do it more often mom or dad can catch me in the act and show you a picture that I really am a happy girl! So bring on the funny faces! Another emotion that mom and dad are not so happy I can show is when I'm sad, I have tears now!
It just breaks their heart when I'm crying and they can't get me to stop and the tears start to well up in my eyes! SO sad:(
I've had a bit of a cold and cough this last week so hopefully that goes away soon. It makes me very crabby at bedtime and the tears come rolling!
Last night was also a big night for me...I'm not sure if it was because I screamed for 2 hours before bed and got tuckered out, or if I was pooped out from all the partying, but I slept for 5 hours last night!!!! However, mommy didn't because she kept checking if I was breathing because I've never slept that long at once! Hopefully it continues!
Thanks for reading my blog and checking in on me:)
Love, Danika

No comments:

Post a Comment