Monday, March 29, 2010

Week 6

Another week of life here and gone just like that! We had Auntie Lori and Uncle Mike spend the night and they even brough mom and dad supper, which was such a nice treat! Too bad I wasn't in the greatest mood for them though-hopefully next time I'll be happier and not so crabby:) We also went to visit some friends on Friday night that mom and dad met in their childbirthing class and they just had their baby boy, Elijah, so I got to meet a new friend! Again, too bad I was kinda crabby for the whole visit! I just keep growing and changing! Here I am snoozing in mom and dads bed...After I wake up for my 5- 6am feeding, I like to snuggle with them for a while:) I think I sleep my best next to them!
I got a swing at my baby shower last weekend and here I am enjoying it. Mom and dad thought I'd love it and I do...sometimes, but not all the time! I do love to look at the mobile attached to it though...and of course Sophie dog is laying right next to me- I think even though she's sad that she's lost some of her attention from everyone, she likes me and is kind of protective of me because she's always gotta be in the same room with me:) Dad has been working really hard and not getting home until 6 or 7 at night now that they are busy getting ready to plant the corn. To top off his hard working days, I've decided to really amp up my crabbiness in the evenings. If you come to our house anytime between 6-10pm you'll usually find me crying or screaming. That's no fun for dad because he hardly ever gets to spend time with me when I'm in a good mood! Mom read that my crabiness should peak at 2 months so the bad news is that it could get worse in the next few weeks, but the good news is that then it will be on the downslide and hopefully I can be happy when dad gets home from his long days at work! The picture below is mommy's favorite from this week because precious moments like this are few and far between lately! Me and my daddy both pooped out and taking a snooze snuggling together:)
On a positive note, I've developed somewhat of a routine now all by myself and I've figured out the difference between my days and nights:) The last 5 nights I have slept for 6 hours in a row!
Because of that, I have much more awake time during the day (where I'm actually content and happy!) I've become so much more alert and I look around at everything! I look at mom and dad more now too, but dad has yet to see a real smile! Hopefully soon:)

I just keep growing and changing...mom and dad always say that it's not possible to love any more than they do for me, but I keep proving them wrong and every day their love keeps growing and growing for me and our bond grows stronger-it's pretty amazing being part of a family:)
Love, Danika

No comments:

Post a Comment