Monday, March 15, 2010

Where did the last month go?!?!

Can you believe I'm a month old already?!?! It has been a worldwind month for mom, dad, and me! We are all learning together and enjoying being a family:) This last week I had a few more firsts...

My first bottle! Dad started giving me a bottle once at night each night this last week so I would get kind of used to it for the weekend. I actually am taking the bottle really well, and still taking mom too. I had a great weekend with Dad while mom was at class both days. We hung out at the farm and I got to spend quality time with grandma and grandpa Dummer, Auntie Lori and Great Grandma Dummer too! Mom was a little crazy Saturday morning leaving me for the first time ever, and not just for a little while, but a whole day! It turned out to be a great weekend though for all of us:)

I also had my first real bath! Guess what?!?! I loved it just as much as my 'sponge' baths. I cried a little at first because I was startled by the water, but then I just layed there and made noises while mom and dad washed me:)

I discovered this week that I like my bumbo chair! I can't totally hold my head up by myself yet so mom and dad stick close by me when they put me in it, but it's still fun to sit in and look around:)

Another highlight of my week was getting to meet two more of my cousins (boys OF course!) My uncle Scott's boys Dylan and Tyson came over to meet me on Friday night...they said they were glad to have a girl cousin now! Dylan is going to be 13 next week-he's my oldest cousin! Mom was teasing him that he should babysit me, because I was so comfortable and cozy snoozing in his arms. He wasn't so sure about that idea though!

Mom and dad have tried to start somewhat of a bedtime 'routine' with me. After I get ready for bed dad reads me a story-this is the best part of my night!


Well, it's been a great 1st month of life! I love my family and friends:) Every day I'm growing and changing so much...dad comes home from work every day and wonders where his little newborn girl went?!?! I'm filling out fast and so much more alert! I can't wait until I can smile and laugh and play:) Talk to you next week!

Love, Danika

No comments:

Post a Comment