Monday, March 8, 2010

Week 3


This week had it's share of ups and downs...but mostly ups! Let's start with the down and get it out of the way...I still haven't totally figured out the sleeping at night thing yet, so I had a few nights this week where I'd get up and stay up for about an hour and a half, then sleep a half hour, then get up and think I needed to eat again! Mommy was not a happy camper about that! BUT the last few nights I've slept for 3 hour stretches and I've been staying awake between 45 min-1 hour so it's getting better! I have found a time of the day that I don't particularly care for that much and so I like to cry and scream and think I need to eat every half hour every evening between about 6-9pm. Mommy and Daddy get frustrated, but they say it's better at that time than in the middle of the night so they hold me and rock me and sing to me and usually something gets me to calm down eventually! They finally gave in this week and introduced me to a pacifier! What a piece of sucking heaven:) It's great for when I'm fussy, but not hungry... it seems to calm me down a bit. However, mom and dad are kind of worried I've already become an addict, but they are enjoying the benefits of it for now!
Ok, now for all the ups of our week! Last week was daddy's first full week back at work and mom was a little worried how she'd do by herself. Would she go crazy in the house with me? Would she ever get to take a nap? Would we ever get out of the house together without me crying? YES to all of the above:) We did go a little crazy in the house, so everyday last week we tried to get out of the house at least once and that was nice for both of us-I'm getting more and more used to my car seat. In fact, my new favorite thing is going for walks with mom and Sophie (and sometimes we wait for dad to get home and he comes too, but he's been busy and work and not getting home too early!) I LOVE the fresh air and the bouncing and movement of the stroller! Here's a picture of me enjoying my first walk, all bundled up!
I also LOVE bath time! At first, I wasn't so sure about the water on my face and I cried a little bit, but now I just lay there and enjoy being pampered by mom and dad:) Plus, this week my ambilical cord finally fell off so now I can take a real bath (kind of!) instead of just a wet washcloth!
I also LOVE my playmat...or I've discovered it's not so bad anyway- mom used to lay me under there for tummy time or on my back and I wouldnt' really look at anything and I'd cry within the first 5 minutes...but now, I like the music and the blinking lights and I'm content for at least 10 minutes! (On my tummy, 5 minutes is still my max...Hey, I like to see the world and I can't that way!)
I LOVE my cousins! I got to meet 3 more of them this week...all boys of course! They tell me that on mom's side of our family I have 7 boy cousins and I'm the only girl! Yikes! Good thing I've got Chloe and Madeline on dad's side of the family to teach me and play girl stuff with me! Here's me with my cousin Christian holding me and Cameron in the background. I really do like them, I was just kind of hungry when mom and dad were trying to take this picture so it wasn't the best timing!I also got to celebrate my great grandma's 78th birthday with her! Here are our 4 generations-Great Grandma Valerie, Grandma Chris, Mommy and me.
One last highlight of the 3rd week of my life was that I got my first professional pictures taken. Mom and dad went out to lunch before hand and I was SO good...I slept the whole time. Then, mom fed me before it was picture time so I'd be happy, but the thing was, I didnt' get a full tummy! So, on the plus side I was awake for my pictures, BUT on the downside I was a little bit crabby! We still got some cute shots though...Here's a sneak peek at one of them!
Mom insisted I wear this silly hat- She liked it, but I was not the biggest fan, so we didn't get too many shots with it on!
Well, those are the highlights from my 3rd week of life! I've decided I like this life-eat, sleep, cuddle, and hang out with great family and friends...I think I could get used to this!
Next weekend there are two big milestones...I'm going to be 1 month old already! Time flies when you're having fun I guess! And aside from that, Dad will be alone with me from 8-5 both saturday and sunday, as mom has her LAST full weekend of her graduate class (yeah!) I'm super excited for some quality time with my daddy, but I'm not so sure how I'm going to like milk from a bottle instead of mom?!?!?! We're going to practice this week with the bottle and see how it goes... Have a great week everyone:)
Love, Danika

No comments:

Post a Comment