Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

It was a week filled with lots of mom time:) My mom, and grandmas and aunts too!
The picture above is the hanging basket that dad put together for mom as her 1st Mother's Day gift from us. So thoughtful! (He's already looking forward to HIS day to celebrate his 1st father's day and has given mom and me lots of 'hints' about things he might want:)
To celebrate Mother's day Grams and Auntie Heidi and my cousins came to church and then we went to lunch together.
(Some of my cousins with me)
We also celebrated Cousin Madeline's 1st birthday at the farm. It was a lot of fun! Daddy and Aunt Stacy helped do wheel-barrel races with cousins Connor and Chloe! So funny to watch! I can't wait until I can do it to! Connor and Chloe tried to make daddy and Aunt Stacy the wheelbarrels too, but that didn't work so good!Next year at this time get-together's at the farm will be interesting with all four of us cousins walking around and causing trouble!
Above: The crazy kids doing their wheelbarrel races!
Below: Madeline is SO excited about her birthday presents!
Cousin Connor and Grandpa loves to snuggle with me:) I was pretty good for both of them (for a little while anyway! I need to get better at not being so fussy when people who love me are holding me!)

Last week was daddy's last super crazy week at work. They finally finished planting corn at their other locations and just have some stuff to finishing up here in Eau Claire so hopefully this week he will be home to see me and play with me before bedtime:) Last week we went to visit grams in Minnesota when Daddy was working. We spent the night at her house and then the next day we went for a walk around Lake Calhoun because it was such a nice day!

And then two days later...

It got freezing cold outside and mom had to scrounge up some warm winter clothes for me!!! Crazy weather!
On Saturday night mom and dad's good friends Nick and Hanna came over to visit and finally meet me:) It was so nice to visit with them! Hanna looks good with me in her arms;)
Well, I hope all you moms had a great Mother's Day!!!! I know I had fun celebrating and spending time with so many great friends and family!
This upcoming week ends mom's time home with me before going back to her kindergarteners for 4 weeks to finish up the school year ...boo hoo:( We're going to make the most of our time together and have some fun! I just wish it would warm up so we could play outside more often! Hard to believe I'm going to be 3 months old already...
Love, Danika and Family

No comments:

Post a Comment