Monday, May 31, 2010

Back at it

Hi all! So mom has learned she's not much of a multi tasker and when she went back to work 2 weeks ago things got crazy and we missed a week of posting...sorry! Other than forgetting to update you all on how I'm doing, moms first two weeks back have actually been pretty good. I got to spend some great time with both my grandmas who each watched me for 3 days. One of moms friends who has a 1 year old daughter also watched me for 3 days while mom was working, so that was lots of fun going for walks and playing with them! Developmentally, I continue to do new things. I'm still working on how to let my laughs out, but I sure am smiley:) My upper body is getting stronger and I can hold my head up for longer periods of time now, which means tummy time isn't quite so awful...(but it's still not my favorite!)
Other than mom going back to work, the only other big highlight from last week was mom graduating from UWEC with her Master's Degree in Education. She decided to walk through the ceremony so that meant that Grandma Chris, Dad and I had to sit through the ceremony. It ended up lasting 2 1/2 hours!!! But I was actually a really good girl for them!

 Here's our family at my 1st Bonfire at the farm! It was fun...I can't wait until I get to roast hotdogs and marshmallows with them and sleep in a tent too!


This weekend was filled with some other first for me too...My first 4 hour car ride (which actually ended up being 6 door to door!), first trip to the state of Iowa, and my first waterpark! Auntie Lori, Mom and Dad and me went to Iowa to visit the Percy's (Aunt Lisa, Uncle Ben, and cousins Connor and Madeline) They always entertain with fun things to do! We didn't get there until about 11:30pm on Friday night. I was a good girl for the car ride there because it was during most of my usual bedtime so I just slept! The ride home on Sunday wasn't quite as good, but I still was a trooper for such a long trip!
On Saturday we went to the farmers market and science museum in Des Moines, Iowa and then in the afternoon we went back to Ames to the brand new waterpark. Cousin Connor was so excited to go so we decided to tag along too and I actually had a great time! I enjoyed splashing in the water. Below are some of the highlights of our Iowa trip... (Thanks for such a great weekend Percy family! We enjoyed our travels and exploring and all the great food! We hope to do it again before the end of summer! Thanks too for the furniture!)
Me and cousin Madeline who is 1...she LOVES to touch and explore me:) Can't wait until we're a little older and then the 9 months we are apart in age won't seem like too much and we can play together! (Yes we are wearing matching outfits-planned for Easter, not for this particular day, but our moms both happened to put us in them...kind of funny and cute:)


Mom just has just 6 days of school left-4 this week and 2 next week-and guess who gets to babysit me for the rest of those days?!?!!? My DADDY! I'm SO excited and so is dad to hang out with me (and to take a little 'vacation' from work) I'm looking forward to it and can't wait to tell you all about it next week!
Mom is happy about it too...although, as you can see from the pictures below, me and dadddy's favorite thing to do together is sleep! Mom just hopes he wakes up before I do!!!
Above: A little nap at the farm before chores!
Below: Already enjoying our new recliner from Aunt Lisa!

Love and Hugs,
Danika

No comments:

Post a Comment