Monday, June 21, 2010

I LOVE my daddy!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
I figured out early on in the 4 shorts months I've been around that I've got the best daddy a girl could ask for. He plays with me, rocks me, spoils me, and gives me unconditional love. I enjoy my time with him SO much and he always puts a smile on my face. It's pretty special for mom to see us together...she never had much of a relationship with her dad and never really knew her grandffathers so Father's Day was just another day; but now she has so much to celebrate! I'm so lucky and blessed to have such a special dad!
I'm also so blessed to have grandpa Dave too! He loves me lots and I love him too...(even though sometimes I have a funny way of showing it when I'm crying when he holds me!)
For Father's Day I got to spend the day with Grandpa and Daddy at the farm. Grandma Lynn grilled burgers and we had a picnic outside.
(Daddy's taking the picture)

Auntie Lori helped calm me down when I was fussy and put me to sleep in her arms:)

I've really been getting so strong! I can hold my head and neck up really well, so I've been enjoying time in my Bumbo chair. I'm definitely reaching and grabbing for things and they tend to go straight for my mouth!

I've also begun to develop a 'relationship' with Sophie...not so much a friendship yet because we're not so sure about each other, but we've starting to explorer one another. Now that I have really started to focus on things, she catches my eye a lot and I stare at her. Sometimes mom and I sit close to her and mom shows me how to pet her gently, but I'm not ready for that yet...when she tries to help me pet her I just want to grab Sophie's hair, and I'm not so sure she likes that! Sophie's never really been around children (as far as mom and dad know anyway) so we're all learning together how me and Soph-dog will interact:)


This week I also rolled over from my tummy to my back (for real this time!) twice in a row! Of course, when mom got the video camera out to try and capture me in the act, I was less than cooperative...maybe someday she'll actually get something good on video and then she can post it on the blog so you can watch me in action!
Well, that's all for now:)
Love, Danika

No comments:

Post a Comment