Monday, February 21, 2011

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to! (but I didn't:)

Hello Friends and Family!
Sorry I'm a day late, I'm still recooperating from my fun party festivities!
One of my most exciting changes this week is that I finally get to sit facing forward! I'm not a fan of the carseat at all, but now that I can actually see what's going on, that's gotten a little better.

Saturday was party day! I had about 20 of my closest family at my house to celebrate the big O-N-E! Grandma's and Grandpa's, aunts and uncles, and cousins all came to party wtih me:)
I was ready to have some fun...

Let's back up a few hours- I was ready to party only because I was out cold for a good, hard, long nap before the company arrived!


Here's the kid table:)
6 of my cousins enjoying the foods I love!

And the Great Grandparent table!

After we ate some lunch, then it was time for opening presents! We didn't get too many pictures of this because mom was helping me open them. Here's one of me opening the doll Auntie Heidi gave me. I got so many wonderful gifts and I'm so thankful to everyone! I got books, a ball, puzzles, a wheely bug, a jack-in-the-box, savings money, and other great gifts.

Then the best party of the party, of course was cupcake time! If you recall, on my real birthday I wasn't too interested in my cupcake...my party, however, was a different story!
Here I go...let's get this heart on top out of the way and into my mouth first!

Taking a little break to digest my first few bites!


All I can say is YUMMY! Why did I not know about delicious Dessert First red velvet before?!?!?!

Time to wrap it up and be done...I don't think there was much of the cupcake left- We had frosting from head to toe, and from the floor in front of the highchair all the way flung back to the carpet!
Another big THANK YOU to all my family members that made the trip to my house to spend a wonderful day with me! I appreciate everyone being there, and the wonderful presents (and presence!) Looking forward to more cupcakes and birthdays with you in the future!

One of my favorite toys in my new jack-in-the-box (but Jack is a teddy bear instead of a scary clown:) I love to listen to the music in anticipation and then scream when he pops out of the box!

So, I'm officially a 'toddler'!!!
(ouch...so hard for mom to write that word- what happen to my baby?!?!)
Being a toddler has it's perks! I am drinking cold, milk and I LOVE it! The bottle has pretty well disappeared (except the middle of the night here or there when I'm screaming bloody murder and it's all that will comfort me!)
I also have discovered that my little legs aren't so useless anymore and I am a sprinting crawler! I go so fast mom and dad have to look twice to find me, when I was next to them seconds before! My legs also are gofor standing and nearly walking...I want to go so bad and just the last few days I've started to walk when someone holds onto my fingers, even just one handed! It's clear from the pictures below that Mom and dad have some more babyproofing to do!
A few of my favorite new places...
I threw out all the towels from under the sink and decided I wanted to crawl right in! Of course I got upset when couldn't figure out how to get back out! Once again, instead of helping me right away, mom grabbed the camera:)

I think that Sophie's cage is a mini playround for me...her toys squeak and she has a ball too, which I love!

And the pantry has been a favorite place of mine for a while, but now I can actually stand up and pull the food off the shelves...the other day I threw a bag of powdered sugar off the shelf...good thing it didn't open or we would have had a mess! Mom and dad are hoping it's a while before I figure out how to open Sophie's food container- I like to lean on it, but that's it (for now!) Doesn't everyone try dog food once in their childhood?!?!

I just want to go, go, go!

I love you all so much and hope that you had as great of a weekend as I did! I'm still recovering from being such a party animal:)
Have a great week!
Love, Danika

No comments:

Post a Comment