Sunday, February 6, 2011

To Iowa We Go...

Happy Sunday! I'm giving up a few minutes of watching the Super Bowl to give you my weekly update, so I'll try to keep it short and sweet!
I've been a bit of a sick kiddo this week...at first mom and dad thought it was just due to teething, but soon realized it was more than that. We stayed home together on Wednesday to give me some time to rest and relax at home and they took me to the doctor. I've had a horrible, deep, cough that won't go away, but the Dr. said I don't have strep throat so that's good...of course it's just a virus that has to 'work it's course'! On the plus side of the crabbiness from teething, both of my top front teeth have finally broke through!

This is how I spent most of my week...filled up with tylenol to comfort me and out like a light! (well, let me clarify...I've taken pretty good naps, but I have kept my mom and dad up at night this week! for 3 hours on Thursday night...not fun for any of us!)

Just practicing on the piano...I think maybe mom and I will be taking lessons together:) 

We spent our weekend in Ames, Iowa to visit my Auntie Lisa and Cousins Connor and Madeline. It was a long 4 1/2 hour drive (really a 6 hour trip by the time we made stops to eat, and to drop off the dog at the farm) The ride down on Friday night went well because I slept pretty much all of the way (as well as dad!) The way back today actually went pretty well too- I slept the 1st 2 hours and then dad kept me company in the back seat most of the way... I tell ya though, I'll be WAY more excited to go on a long car ride when I can finally face forward in my car seat! (Only 1 more week:)
I LOVE to play with my cousins...We had all kinds of fun together:)

We made a fort in the living room.... 

I got to test out some of Madeline's toys (I even rode this fun 'bike', with the help of dad, while Madeline hung out in the basket in the back:)


We cooked up all kinds of fun with their play kitchen... 

Havin' fun on the bike!

Uncle Daren was good for piggyback rides, wrestling, and all the other 'rough housing' fun! 

On Saturday, Mom, Dad, Auntie Lisa and Connor went to an Iowa State basketball game, while me and Madeline stayed at the house with a babysitter... she told mom and dad I was a 'little' crabby, but otherwise a good girl, but mom and dad hope she wasn't just being nice and I wasn't too much of a handful!

It was a good exciting basketball game, but unfortunately, ISU lost by 1 point! But we still had fun:)
Go ISU! 


Mom and dad don't get to see me with other kids too often to know how I interact with them, but I am a much happier kiddo when I'm around other kiddos. I LOVED playing with Connor and Madeline and I seemed so much more active and talkative.

Once in a while my mom or dad will hop in the tub with me, but the 3 of us in the tub was a 1st for me...
and I loved it! 

Splish-Splash we were takin' a bath!!! 

As I mentioned at the beginning of my post, for those of you living in a cave, today is SUPERBOWL SUNDAY and my Green Bay Packers are playing! In true packer fan spirit, mom, dad, and Connor wore their green and gold so we took a few pictures before we left Ames to head home
(Auntie Lisa, Madeline & I would have too, but we don't own any packer gear!)



Can you believe everyone is actually looking at the camera?!?! 

What a fabulous weekend! It went by way too fast and we wished we could have stayed longer to keep them company and spend more time together, but back to the grind for all us here tomorrow!
Thanks so much to the Percy's for hosting us! We love coming to visit, and we hope to do it again soon!

OK, enough already (I know, I said I'd keep it short and sweet...what happened to that plan?!?! It's already the 4th quarter of game- I better let mom go watch it already!)
Go Pack Go!
Love, Danika

No comments:

Post a Comment